[lit-ideas] Re: Grice's Locus Classicus

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:06:36 +0100

It may be a category mistake to insist that 'locus' applies to
psychological (w2) and abstract (w3) items, but one can learn from one's
mistakes!

*If the notion of locus is not applicable to minds, then indeed a question
arises how we distinguish one mind from another. It seems to me - or at
least I hope I so - that my mind is distinguishable from JL's by virtue of
the fact that it contains thoughts (such as this one) that JL's obviously
does not.

Cheers,

O.K.