[lit-ideas] Grice, reprinted in Rosenberg and Travis

  • From: jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 09:13:55 -0400

Geary:
"I bought the book "Readings in the Philosophy of Language" edited by Jay F. Rosenberg and Charles Travis".

Thanks. Yes, I see they reprinted Grice´s "Meaning". It is a good collection. Charles J. Travis went on to investigate topics of truth and pragmatics. E.g. how an opaque intention to communicate that the cat is on the mat may be CAUSED by the cat actually being on the mat.

It is a good collection.

J. L. Speranza
Bordighera

--------