[lit-ideas] Re: Grice on Darwin (Was: Popper on Darwin)

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 04:44:17 -0700 (PDT)

________________________________
 From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:30 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Grice on Darwin (Was: Popper on Darwin)

________________________________

Just as Darwin wrongly and anti-Darwinistically accepted the inheritance of
acquired characteristics, and we need not accept this as part of a correct
Darwinian view of evolution, so we need not accept there is anything
"inductive" about the Darwinian view of evolution - or how that view was
arrived at or how it is supported - simply because, in common with most of his
time,
 Darwin somewhat unthinkingly thought of his work as an exercise in inductive
reasoning.

*Well, I thought that Mendel's research subsequently supported Darwin's views
on the inheritance of acquired characteristics, unless we mean different things
by that term.

O.K.