[lit-ideas] Re: Great Lakes machine guns raise ire in Canada

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:04:28 -0400

I agree with you completely.  Most people do just want to live their lives.
They don't realize that the world is imposing on them an anti-life ethic.
They think it's perfectly normal to celebrate 30 with black balloons and
all the rest of it.  Most of life is lived reflexively.  It seems to me
that if one lives reflexively, then one smells the roses reflexively and
sits in the park reflexively.  Maybe that's why it was so easy to get nice
white boys by the thousands to walk out in front of machine guns, and for a
president to say that 2,700 American deaths and probably hundreds of
thousands of Iraqi deaths are just a comma ...  That is not a pro-life
stance flowing from the top down.

Regarding Mike's poetic offering, it was fine.  But it said repeatedly, I
don't know and I don't care.  I don't know and I don't care means I don't
know and I don't care.  I see no beauty in that, no matter how much dancing
is done to it.  If we accept Mike's answer, then why is Nero fiddling while
Rome burns so objectionable?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060928.wlakes28/BNStory
/National/?cid=al_gam_nletter_newsUp