[lit-ideas] Re: Grammar question

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 18:31:32 -0500

Whenever I'm looking at a job, I tell the owner: "You realize," I say, "
that this is going to take some time to fix."

"Like how long?" the owner says.

"Hard to say," I say. " Sometimes it takes all day, sometimes it takes a
week.  Depends on how much money I need to make.  Some time ago, I could
have done this job in an hour.  But times have changed.  Sometimes we all
need for some time to mean more that at other times, hence the indefinite
"some".  Of course, no one knows what time means now that Einstein's been
debunked.

Mike Geary
Sometimes spending some time in Memphis
America's poorest city.