[lit-ideas] Re: Got Home

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 06:43:22 -0800 (PST)

This is so interesting.  I looked on You Tube and found this link to an excerpt
from the movie the Snake Pit in 1948.  They sing this exact song but
secularized, all the religion taken out. The Snake Pit is a movie about a
woman's journey through mental illness.  It's a fabulous movie.  I saw it years
ago and vaguely remember it.  I remember the line jumping out at me when she
says, Doctor, I know I'm better because I'm not in love with you anymore.  It
could be total coincidence, but it does speak to Leonard's having a clue, even
if sideways and by accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ZVUlzFmJ0

Andy