[lit-ideas] Re: Good Ole' Missouri

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:59:17 -0400

Sorry, John, living with unmarried parents, who often are uncommitted to each
other, is not good for children.  Children bond easily and then are torn away
when the relationship ends and moves on to someone else.  Children also need a
mom and a dad (mentally stable obviously, which a lot of parents aren't).  Gay
couples don't care about a child's need for two (stable) parents, only their
own "need" to have a child.  Leftist that I am, I would make it illegal for
single parents to have children, it's that important for children's mental
health.  That's theoretical of course, it'll never happen.