[lit-ideas] Re: Good Morning

  • From: cblitid@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:31:30 +0200

On 25-Jul-12, at 12:19 AM, David Ritchie wrote:

While we were away, Portland declared an emergency that required people to boil their water. ... This morning's news is that Starbucks are coming after the city because some of their stores were unable to make coffee during this period. I had the distinct impression that making coffee involved boiling water.

Meanwhile, Harper's Weekly reports that

"Coastal waters near Cape Lookout and Florence, Oregon, were found to be unusually caffeinated."

The establishment of a connection between these two news items is left as an exercise for the reader.

Chris Bruce,
restricting his swimming
to the 'decaf' Baltic, in
Kiel, Germany