[lit-ideas] Re: Going Home

  • From: John Wager <jwager@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 19:31:07 -0600

The "tube" image is also part of Alan Watts description of human beings in THE BOOK: ON THE TABOO AGAINST KNOWING WHO YOU ARE, a 1960's intro to World Soul or Transcendental Ego or Atman or Hinduism, take your pick. He describes humans as physically a tube, with stuff going in one end and coming out the other. He says that this physical description can't come close to explaining why humans are human.

Andy wrote:
I'm not getting posts in my inbox, so it's hard to respond. John's idea of a tube is interesting. It is something of an evolution, only it's a spiritual, emotional evolution. The tube as I see it is the boob tube, the television tube where images are everything. And with that, since for whatever reasonI'm not getting posts, I'll hang up and listen...
Andy

No virus found in this message.