[lit-ideas] Re: Going Home

  • From: Ursula Stange <ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 12:16:19 -0500

Perhaps I'm being carried away with Donal's characterization (without actually
accepting it) of Cohen's musical contribution as an elaboration of a particular
way of being...and for the audience that's dependent on what they're getting
from the songs.  So his public persona is an elaboration of a tune.

I don't get 'tube'.  Fallopian tube?  Vacuum tube?  The London Tube?  Tube
socks?  YouTube? Test tube?  Eustachian tube?

I guess I'll wait for the discussion on Saturday.

U in NB

Sent from my kitchen...