[lit-ideas] Re: Goal Oriented

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 23:03:24 -0700

David Ritchie wrote:

On Jun 9, 2006, at 7:31 PM, Robert Paul wrote:

David Ritchie wrote:

I don't have cable television, so can only see a limited number of the World Cup games. It'll be enough. I'll be in Canada for the later games. My question today is, has anyone found a website where you can see highlights?

One would be http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/v/index.html

That's the first site I tried. I get a blank screen and promise that two minutes' highlights will be forthcoming. Then, lots of nothing.

Do you get video?

Ah, the old try it before you recommend it complaint. (1) I have a 2003 iBook. It isn't the most powerful beast in the jungle, and it takes a long time for things like video clips to download; so I watched at the blank screen for a bit while a little revolving something revolved but then thought to hell with it and looked at other attractions on the FIFA/Yahoo site. (2) Video for me comes via QuickTime or Windows Media Player (for Macs). Neither of these started up when I tried to look at the football action. Hm. Sorry. I'll bet OregonLive doesn't have anything either.

Robert Paul