[lit-ideas] Re: Gnostic Scriptures

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 07:10:50 -0500

I'm guessing that you're familiar with Elaine Pagels' "Gnostic Gospels" and don't need to be directed there. Her "Beyond Belief" is also very informative. Not being a scholar or a current Christian I can't speak meaningfully to your question, but overall I think the interest in Gnosticism by scholars of religion is centered around the insights it provides into the origins of early Christianity and it's historical development.

Mike Geary
gnosting away in Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Omar Kusturica" <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>