[lit-ideas] Re: Global warming claims tropical island

  • From: "Paul Stone" <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:55:35 -0500

For Paul, Africa has huge resources to offer.

Not that are DIRECTLY WORTH anything to the US right now.

 That's why the Europeans and the U.S. have so disrupted it

that was a long time ago... but 'disrupted' is a very apt word.

.  It's also why the Chinese are buddying up to Africa, and why al Qaeda has
entrenched there.

The Northern tip of Africa is VERY different from the rest of the continent.

We're the ones too stupid to let it slip through our fingers, along with
everything else.

Do you really mean what it appears that you said in this sentence?