[lit-ideas] Re: Giuliani, his Islamist and Leftist enemies

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 16:37:42 -0400

Rudy Giuliani is being criticized ...

This made me smile. Criticism for a New Yorker is like a craggy cliff for an eagle ... comfy and natural ... a great place to raise a family.

Giuliani's online text remarks about Obama also made me smile, in part because they are true (no leadership experience) and in part because G is such a good hatchet man. (Recall that I once advocated a Giuliani-Obama ticket.)

So while I acknowledge David's point that leadership qualities are sometimes nascent -- did Alexander the Great have leadership experience? ... Oh wait ... he did ... well no matter -- it's amusing to see Giuliani's heat-shield blaze up reddish white from descent into the partisan fury.

Maybe I'll write-in General Petraeus after all: he's brilliant, sometimes privileges minority views, hires eccentric intellectuals, and actually did something useful.

Maybe a General Petraeus/Noam Chomsky ticket would work. It'd be amusing to see how old Noam handled a position in the Consent Manufacturing Machine. I'm sure Petraeus would enjoy his presence too.