[lit-ideas] German peacefulness

  • From: "Lawrence Helm"<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 21:48:08 +0000

Ever since I read from Ash and heard from Andreas that Germany is the most
peacefullest place in the whole wide world, I've been keeping my eyes open for
articles on German peacefulness.  Here's one right here:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/business/4856805.html .

About 25,000 of them protested against globalization (what's their problem with
that?).  At some point 2,000 of them put on black hoods and beat up a bunch of
policemen putting 125 of them in the hospital.  25 were seriously injured.

Okay, I get it, the police didn't fight back -- at least not very effectively.
Over here in the U.S. 2000 hooded protestors trying to beat up on the police
definitely wouldn't have fared so well.  Chalk one up for German peacefulness.

Lawrence