[lit-ideas] Re: German Noun Question

  • From: david ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:31:35 -0700

On Oct 3, 2005, at 5:54 PM, Erin Holder wrote:

OK, I missed a word in my lecture today and I wrote down what I thought I
heard, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It's a noun that refers to
someone who has come home after a (the, depending on which) war. I thought
it was a "Kriegsheimgeher", but I can't seem to find that word in any
dictionary nor does it come up in any websites when entered on google.de. I
think I might have copied it down wrong. The context for the word is Heinrich
Boells short story called "An der Bruecke" (sometimes known as "Meine kleine
Geliebte")

Thanks in advance for any help,
Erin
Toronto

ehemaliger kriegsteilnehmer perhaps? ex-serviceman?

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon