[lit-ideas] Geo-political Logic?

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:28:43 EDT

I guess we bypassed NK, Iran, and Syria?  Or maybe we're doing a test  run?
In any event, the last sentence here is ..... a tad naive?
<<To prove U.S. intentions to invade Venezuela, Chavez offered to send
"Nightline" host Ted Koppel maps and other documentation.
"What I can't tell you his how we got it, to protect the sources, how we got
it through military intelligence," he said.
In the event of a U.S. invasion, Chavez said the United States can "just
forget" about receiving any more oil from his country.>>
uh.........invaders generally take what they want.....even those who are not
invading but freeing and building democracies.....
_http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/09/16/chavez.ap/index.html_
(http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/09/16/chavez.ap/index.html)
Julie Krueger