[lit-ideas] Re: Gemuetlich Krieg

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 16:26:32 -0330

It is indeed true that the First World War was a very cosy-comfy war for the
Germans. Attend to the following corroborating story:

A German officer gathers members of his unit, behind enemy lines, together for
an important message:

"Zo, ay hav goot nyewz, und ... ay hav bad nyewz. .... Zee goot nyewz first:
Evereevun vil hav a new change of soks! Yes, yes!! Now for zee bad nyewz: ....
Freetz, you change soks mit Olaf; Olaf you change mit Friederich; und so weiter

Valter K. Okshevsky
Haupt-General und Herr Doktor Professor,
Amerikanische Lager,
Sonnenstrasse, Muenchen, DE