[lit-ideas] Geary's Rude Counterfactuality -- Unproven

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:52:32 EST

Geary:

>I only read half of [JL's posts]. Maybe those Euros among us
>have to pay by the minute to download -- that would piss me off,  too,
>to pay to download forty-two of  your posts, forget it.

-- No, I won't forget it. Instead, I'd call it a rude counterfactual.

How would _you_ like me to say,

    "If I had been Hitler I would not have sent all  those
     Jewish people to the concentration camps"

--- Counterfactuals, being totally unverifiable or unrefutable by Popperian
standards, become
_rude_.

Cheers,

JL
   Master in Gymnastics, Verbal and Other.
       Buenos Aires -- River Plate Plain, The  Argieland.