[lit-ideas] Re: GRE Registration

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 18:54:44 EDT

Odd.....all my life, from kid-hood, it's been "scratch paper".  I  never
thought there was anything Brit about it.....

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: GRE Registration
Date: 5/12/05 2:53:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _pas@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 10:47 AM 5/12/2005, you wrote:
> >From  the handbook:
>For Computer Based Tests Only:
>- The administrator  will provide you with scratch paper that may be
>replaced after you have  used all pages of the scratch paper initially
>given to you.  You  may not take your own scratch paper to the test, nor
>may you remove  scratch paper from the testing room at any time.  Scratch
>paper is  provided to assist test takers in working out problems and for
>appropriate note taking during timed sections of the test.  Scratch  paper
>should NOT be used during untimed sections or during test  breaks.
>
>Uhh.....

I always thought "scratch paper" was a  decidedly "British" expression. I've
heard FOUR people say it in my life and  ALL have been from the UK. Maybe
the person who wrote the handbook was  offshore.

doodling,

Paul  Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada