[lit-ideas] Re: Fwd: To Lit-Ideas

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 03:13:54 -0400

MA Camp: How, for instance, is my Daniel Pipes post racist and stupid and Eric's post of the same author's work is not?

People sometimes write to tell me that I've posted something particularly stupid.(1) It's happened from time to time.(2) What made the difference between your post and mine was that I was willing to comment on mine.(3) It's odd(4) that you don't write more, but I'm glad that you're not here to sell something.(5)

Eric

_____

(1) You know, they got this E-mail from me and it makes them white with rage, steam whistles out of their ears, and they projectile vomit. My post convinces them finally, that my stupidity must be deliberate, and could not solely be genetic. Sometimes they copy the World Health Organization. Sometimes they copy themselves.

(2) And indeed there will be time / For the yellow smoke that slides along the street, / Rubbing its back upon the window-panes; / There will be time, there will be time / To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet; / There will be time to murder and create, / And time for all the works and days of hands / That lift and drop a question on your plate; / Time for you and time for me, / And time yet for a hundred indecisions, / And for a hundred visions and revisions, / Before the taking of a toast and tea.

(3) Noting my disappointment that Pipes omitted Richard Reid--the shoebomber from Bromley trounced and bound by passengers and crew after they noticed him trying to light a fuse in his shoe--from his dumb-terrorist list.

(4) Hydrophobic water is also odd. For more about self-loathing water, see "Wetness-defying water? Physicists discover a paradox: hydrophobic water" at http://www.physorg.com/news7237.html

(5) "This here year’s yearly Ph.D meeting of the WESTERN SOCIABLE SCIENCE LODGE will feature a special Ph.D plenary address by Ricardo Koenigsborg, Ph.D. The lecture will be pretty sure to happen on Tuesday, April 32, at 11:45 p.m. at the Sheraton City Center Hotel, 150 West 500 South, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84101. Please check the conference website for the exact location. Ph.D"