[lit-ideas] Fw: *TODAY*: Lecture by Geary on "I Pitagorici" (ENROLEMENT still OPEN)

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:44:35 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
To: atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; teemu17@xxxxxxxxx ; andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:01 AM
Subject: Re: *TODAY*: Lecture by Geary on "I Pitagorici" (ENROLEMENT still OPEN)

Well, not really --. I've been sending that post to lit-ideas for ages, etc. I
don't think teemu or andreas or lit-ideas felt like distributing it. Mind, your
reply, was only sent to _me_. Incidentally, I wondered how the system managed
to send it to you at earthlink.net when I addressed, by mistake, to
earthlink.com. I suppose that's Archemidian, rather than Pythagorean, but
yes...

So, if you send your reply to this (copying this, of course), we'll all have
publicly your yay, yay, yay.

I have loads to share with lit-ideas. I have _not_ been reading all the
interesting posts by Julie, David, R. Paul, Wager, etc. because, trust me,
everytime I tried to send something to lit-ideas, cc-ing andreas and
teemu17@xxxxxxxxx, it failed. I suppose it's the old curse still given to me by
C. Bruce, -- but he _did_ say he had a personal problem (and not with me!).

Anyway, life is good

Cheers,

JL

In a message dated 5/28/2008 8:16:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
  Yay, yay, yay!  JL is back!  I'd begun to fear he'd drowned in his Loeb
Swimming Pool.  But no, he's just been studying the Pythagoreans.  Pie are
round, cake are square, whatever, and all that stuff.  As we all know Thales
was much impressed with the young Pythagoras and advised him to head to Memphis
and study with the priests there who were renowned for their wisdom as indeed
they still are.  It was in Memphis that Py first formulated his famous theorem,
probably from studying their famous stainless steel Pyramid.

  Good to know you're still with us, JL.

  Mike Geary
  Memphis