[lit-ideas] Re: Fw: Shock Art

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 22:06:39 -0500

JL:
>>I suppose your favourite was the Swedish twins impersonating Castorra and
>>Polluxa as an attempt to turn male-based Greek mythology a
>>"feminism-digestible" thing.<<

Good guess, but no cigar.  My favorite shock art is daily life in Memphis.
"Holy Shit!" Walter would say if he ever came here, "These people are fucking
crazy."  But it's all metaphor, of course, for the human condition.

>>Remember that student -- where was she? Kenya?  She brought her _grandmother_
>>to the show, and had her, naked, recite from the Koran!<<

No, she was from Kentucky, but it's an easy mistake to make.  An interesting
program that was.

Mike Geary
Memphis