[lit-ideas] Fw: Re: practicalities, hoaxes and holidays

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:24:07 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Religion has little or nothing to do with Christmas.  It's much more a winter
solstice thing, and now it's become fundamental to the American economy.  Since
American consumption drives the world economy, it's fundamental to the world.
Do Europeans do Christmas?  Is it as consumption driven as American Christmas?

Andy Amago