[lit-ideas] Fw: Re: fahreNheit

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:47:18 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Just to finish up this thread.  I want to say I overstated the case regarding
Clinton.  Clinton was not at all the country's punching bag.  Certainly he
wasn't my punching bag.  He was a popular president, full of charisma, got
re-elected and his book today is selling well.  He was the punching bag only of
the Ring Wing Hate Club from the very beginning for his courageous stands on
anti-right issues.  Even today Rabid Right Wing Radio is still hammering him.
What's the point except the Hate Club needing something to hate.

Regarding the sexual infidelities, I always had the feeling he was getting a
chuckle out of the whole thing.  He was otherwise bored with his successes and
he was having a good time jerking the right wing around as much as they thought
they were jerking him around.

Clinton balanced the budget, which was no coincidence with the humming economy.
 He pared down the government, and he "shook the trees" for terrorists, keeping
Osama on the run (bombing him) before anyone heard of him, so it wasn't just
luck there was no terror act on his watch.  He presided over a time of
prosperity and peace that he contributed to making.  Personally, I would love
to have him back again, or even Gore.

Andy Amago

A.A. Clinton was the country's punching bag.  Everybody beat on him.  No
surprise that the ones who beat the hardest were the ones who checked the facts
least, or not at all.  He certainly brought a lot of it on himself, but then
who doesn't.  He also has a very high energy level and sex drive to match,
which over-ran him.  Regarding your other post about Vince Foster, I can relate
to being at a funeral where my grief is not real high, and then being
distracted by other things.  Then the camera comes along.  Or, it might just
have been more self-destructiveness.   Presidents are just human beings, even
the ones we vote for.

Desperately in need of a work out,
Andy

paul