[lit-ideas] Re: Fw: Re: Re: Max Boot

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:21:49 EST

Egads.  I go away for a couple of days and this is what happens?

Eric, John, Andreas, Lawrence, Judy, Marlena.............  make  nice!
You're too smart not to.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Fw: Re: Re: Max
Boot  Date: 1/4/2007 4:15:50 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For every one you kill, dozens are created, more  energetic
than ever, while it depletes us.

Sort of a cross  between Cadmus' dragon's teeth and the
Sorcerer's Apprentice  methinks.

How did you come to this arcane knowledge? Did you conjure
it from sources like this TIME report:

U.S. intelligence officials  say they now believe Iraq is a
magnet for fanatical Muslims around the  world. "It's become
the proving ground," says a senior U.S. intelligence
official. The jihadists are convinced they can continue
fighting  indefinitely. "Jihad is not made by us," says a
midlevel insurgent leader.  "It is made by the Prophet and
will continue to Judgment  Day."

<snip>

Asked what the jihadists will do if U.S. forces  finally pull
out, one of Abdullah's comrades offers this answer: "We will
follow them to the  U.S."

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,658290,00.html