[lit-ideas] Re: Fw: Re: Re: Max Boot

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 16:39:07 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

For every one you kill, dozens are created, more energetic than ever, while it depletes us.  The "surge" includes keeping troops there longer as well as shortening times between deployments of the same troops.  Our military is maxed out, tapped out.  It's also costing into the trillions of dollars, for what return?  What don't you get about that?  Are Americans so stupid that they can find no better way than doing not only what has proved not to work, but what out and out damages them?  It's been proposed that we haven't been attacked because al Qaeda doesn't have to attack.  We're hemorraghing just fine without them convincing ourselves that we're vaporizing them.  They give us rope, and we hang ourselves, metaphor intended.