[lit-ideas] Fw: Re: Lit-Ideas Conversions

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:14:19 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Overlooked was the first part of our exchange, still in need of an answer.  For
your convenience I am pasting the portion of my original post to which you
responded:

Andy: Is it me, or is there a bit of hubris in some guy declaring that he has
inside information
that proves there is a god?

L.H. It's just you, Andy.  I read the dialogue between Flew and Habermas and saw
no evidence of hubris.  He was rather soft-spoken.  In fact they both were.

A.A. Good thing, then.  Otherwise I would have thought Professor Flew was
declaring
there was a God.  Instead, what was it he was declaring?

From:  Andy Amago

Is it me, or is there a bit of hubris in some guy declaring that he has
inside information that proves there is a god?  And others really caring,
that's what gets me.  Talk about one sheep, however exalted, within the fold
saying he has *scientific evidence* that there is a god, and the rest run
after him.

Regarding Darwin, I'm no Darwin expert, but whether or not Darwin believed
there was a prime mover is irrelevant.  His theory of evolution works.

Pardon my French here, but I'm ashamed to be a member of this deep thinking
society called the human race.  Well, gotta go, gotta find me a head sheep
to tell me what's on the agenda in the universe today ...

Andy