[lit-ideas] Fw: Re: Iraq & news

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:46:55 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I want to say that John and Phil are really nice people who want to believe in
the ascendancy of reason over stupidity.  I agree that there are chinks in the
armor, but given how devastating the entire Iraq thing has been, to just be
experiencing a chink now is staggering.  It's a testimonial to how concerned
people are with reality as opposed to not having a clue that what he says is
180 degrees away from reality.

Americans were incensed, livid that Clinton denied he had a blow job.  Dragged
him to impeachment for it.  Yet this president kills and maims their children,
puts them in debt, takes away their Social Security, spends record numbers on a
party, lies about Iraq, and on and on, and they love him.  I explain it by
knowing that people are sheep-like stupid.  People understand sex but can't get
their heads around much else.  Is it really that simple?  Really, what is wrong
with this picture?

Andy Amago