[lit-ideas] Fw: Re: A Genuinely Useful Thought

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:40:19 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Also Mexico.  We can get oil from Mexico.  The United States of North America.  Not sure how much though, and if Venezuela doesn't get in the way.  But the rest of the world still needs oil.  The Middle East will continue to export since they need money even if it's a caliphate.  I haven't read how the oil companies are responding to al Qaeda.  The oil companies are  used to running nation states, and here they are at the mercy of religious fanatics.  But religious fanatics like money too.  Saudi Arabia is worried enough to have a meeting with Cheney.  It will be interesting.