[lit-ideas] Re: Fw: More on A Case for Kerry

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:08:19 +0100 (BST)

Stop me if I'm wrong but...

> > In the Senate John Kerry made his mark as an investigator,  rather than
> as
> an
> > author of legislation: Instead of giving us Kerry Scholars  or Kerry
> IRAs,
> > John Kerry used the Senate's oversight powers to shine a light  in dark
> places.

"Kerry IRAs"? DEveloped as a senator? Next you'll be telling me Teddy Kennedy
used his senatorship to develop his IRAs.

I know he's claimed an Irish background (the genuineness of which is
disputed, but then begorrah so did Reagan and Clinton claim to come from the
old emerald turf) but do we really need "Kerry IRAs"? We have already the
Official IRA, Provisional IRA, Continuity IRA, Real IRA etc. We were
probably, as Judy Evans may confirm, just on the verge of
'I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-The-Real-IRA, IRA'. In a market as crowded and
competitve as this, would "Kerry IRAs" have become a market-leading brand? I
doubt it.

So here's to Kerry for realising this.

However, he could have done more to increase the 57 varieties of Heinz
products and stands condemned for this. (I'd like mini-sausages in cream of
chicken and mushroom soup in the one tin).

Donal

Messenger - all new features - even more fun!  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com