[lit-ideas] Re: Further to Economics Not

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:05:49 +0100 (BST)

________________________________
From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, 29 September 2011, 18:35
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Further  to Economics Not

>Donal is correct generalizations are always wrong.

IIRC, this was not my claim, which would itself be a generalisation and,
according to itself, wrong.

Generalisations may be true, even in the law: but a kind of generalised
criticism is rarely valuable in assessing the merits of our current laws
against potential alternatives, since virtually all law is open to this kind of
generalised criticism without that necessarily grounding something else as a
relative improvement.

Donal
London