[lit-ideas] Re: Further poem in translate

  • From: Eric Yost <Mr.Eric.Yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:46:14 -0400

At first Mr. Geary's translation seemed against the grain, but when I got a handle on it, I saw it was an edgy poem with teeth. So in reading it, I changed my angle several times, and it cut right to the heart. Very musical too, especially when flexed and lightly tapped.

If we all made attempts at translation, we would establish a chainsaw, but that might massacre our muse.

Brushing away the dust,
P. Bunyan
Reception Theorist
(available for parties)