[lit-ideas] Re: FunWall

  • From: "David Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 00:33:27 -0500

Unlike good drugs from verifiable sources, just say no with Facebook;  if
you don't know and, at least, respect the individual, then just say no...

like, duh, don't talk to strangers,
d.

  Mike, you're at least 6 steps ahead of me ... I haven't yet figured
  out what clicking on "forward" is supposed to, exactly, do.  Forward
  something to someone is as much as is clear to me at this point.
  Presumably someone on facebook.  David's comment makes me think
  hitting "forward" forwards whatever to all your friends but none of
  your acquaintances.  But back to the starting line .... the posts
  that are referred to by the e-mails I have received have no content,
  no text, other than the line about fowarding.  Is this an experiment
  in existentialism and teleology, a sur-realistic play on the
  absurdist?  It looks at first glance strikingly like the last page of
  the phone bill, empty of all text except "This page left
  intentionally blank.".  I've always thought that rather zen-ish.
  Julie Krueger

  On 5/31/08, David Wright <wright@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Doesn't it become a rather simple matter of whether you consider
    the individual a genuine 'friend' as opposed to acquaintance?
    Limit the superficial connections and you will limit the waaste
    of time.  Ignore those with whom you couldn't be bothered...

    Thankful this list is worth the bother,
    d.

      Someone take pity on poor old, uninitiated, addled me.... I
      have a half dozen e-mails saying "_____" has wrtten on your
      FunWall. When I look at my Facebook to see the posts, all any
      of them have as content is a rejoinder to hit "forward" to
      see who's looking at my profile or some such. Who'da thunk
      Facebook could be so un-user-friendly?  user-unfriendly?
      user-friendless?  oh hell with it. Julie Krueger

    -- Mail.com Autos - Powered by Oncars.com: Drive By Today!

--
Mail.com Autos- Powered by Oncars.com: Drive By Today!
http://www.oncars.com