[lit-ideas] Fun with words

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 01:23:01 -0600

So call me naive.  Craig Furgeson made a couple references to various
meanings of "mimsey" ("mimsy"?  "Mimsie"?) which were obviously, by context,
off-color.  The only Mimsy I'm familiar with is that of the jabberwocky.
So, seeking enlightenment, I took at look on the web.  Enlightenment did not
ensue, however the below site is very good fun (not to mention
informative).  Enjoy.  But beware -- if you're anything like me, you'll be
lost in links and sublinks and more links and eventually raise your head to
realize you have no idea what time it is, you're grinning broadly, and
you're not sure if your presence is needed somewhere other than the
computer.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/index.htm

Julie Krueger