[lit-ideas] Re: Fukuyama and the End of... well...

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:11:04 -0800

Fukuyama's article is pretty bad news. If the hardcore believers of theory that got us into Iraq no longer believe in the theory, then we have a war without a cause.

This is a remarkable situation: the war is still going, but the ones who are prosecuting the war no longer believe in that war. The war has been lost not on the battlefield, but in the halls of the White House.

I don't think I've ever heard of a similar situation: a country with overwhelming military superiority giving up in the middle of a battle.

The war in Iraq is over. It has been lost.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com