[lit-ideas] Re: Fukuyama and Danto

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:21:55 -0000

Oh no he didn't!

Surely Hegel was concerned with the spiritual. Marx, however was the
materialist.

As for Kojeve:

"Kojève follows Marx's 'inverted Hegelianism' by understanding the labour of
historical development in broadly 'materialist' terms."
http://www.iep.utm.edu/k/kojeve.htm#H3

Kojeve was also influenced by Heidegger:

"If Marx furnishes one central resource for Kojève's rereading of Hegel,
Heidegger provides the other."
http://www.iep.utm.edu/k/kojeve.htm#H4

Just don't ask me to explain it.

Simon