[lit-ideas] Re: From Time Magazine

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:57:14 -0400

Can you post any specific sites, non-partisan?  It's interesting how we're
so sure about Clinton, even when he was in office, and so unsure about
Bush.  In any case, Clinton couldn't stop globalization, he couldn't stop
China.  He did what he could do, especially with a GOP Congress, which was
shore us up in terms of fattening the bank account, paying down the debt.
FEMA operated efficiently and so on.  Bush came into office and immediately
began tax cutting, gave away the entire surplus, pushed us into deep debt,
bungled everything in sight unless you're ultra rich, in which case you
love him.  Blaming Clinton is being a good Republican, passing the buck.
It gives Anyone But Bush a new meaning.  Regarding NAFTA, all the former
presidents at the time supported it.  It was a good idea that didn't work
out as intended.