[lit-ideas] Re: From Newsweek: We're Losing the Infowar

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:54:57 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

If you say so.  Wal-Mart is in a bit of trouble I hear, but they roll with
punches and adapt.  They don't do the IBM thing and say nobody will want a
personal computer.  The Germans in the beginning of WWII (Max Boot) applied a
prevailing technology, the radio, in a new way, to signal between subs and
headquarters and the like, so they had an advantage over the Allies, at least
early on.  We're not applying prevailing technology today eitiher, still
rolling out bazookas to kill mosquitos.  It's hard to imagine many more years
of what's going on in Iraq.