[lit-ideas] Re: Friday Poem

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:06:56 -0700

On Sep 27, 2008, at 9:57 PM, Eric Yost wrote:

Saw another shark in a Lucite box at the Met. It's in a
vestibule leading to giant Clifford Styll paintings. The shark is looking away from the paintings. It doesn't seem happy, even though it is a dead shark, even though it is near a window.

Hey, you can't talk to me about sharks. I just went crabbing on a beautiful bay in fabulous weather and no stinking Damien Hurst formaldahydey-hi-d-ho bloomin' shark, no matter where it's looking, is going to burst my bubble. Nearly eighty degrees, the tide right, crab shells hardening up, cava in the fridge... What more could a person want?

David Ritchie,
still floatin' in
Portland, Oregon