[lit-ideas] Re: Friday Poem

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 15:48:42 -0700

David Ritchie writes

Never heard of Butte Falls [OR]?  Neither had I.

http://www.upperrogue.org/butte_falls.htm

I leave it to you to describe the circumstances which cause an armor
plated Mercedes to be owned in such a place.  All I can think of is the
witness protection program.

Another hypothesis. Butte Falls is in Jackson County, which borders on Northern California. Jackson County is the largest marijuana growing area in the state, attracting more than twice the number of Federal pot busts in 2006 than the runner-up.

These are heavily guarded operations in remote forest land. The car in question is probably better armored than the original HUMVs. Man can't be too careful down there in Jackson County.

http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs22/22486/maps/map17.jpg

Robert Paul
(just guessing)