[lit-ideas] Re: Friday Night Poem (was: Poetry and Madness)

  • From: "Steve Chilson" <stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 03:55:11 +0100

Shooting A Nun In The Back

I hear one got it for the pope's speech
and died suddenly
one minute worship and the next
dead
it must've been
anger because anger begets
anger and anger kills nuns
by shooting them
in the back.

I've been angry in my life.
It's chronicled in the County Courts,
there were witnesses
and yeah I've been angry
and I've never shot a nun in the back.

Some of these kids get stabbed in the ribs
and dunno it straightaway
their life you see, was scattered anyway.

And angry men and angry men;
five minutes Theo van Gogh dead.
A knife in a letter stuck through the chest
my intolerance speaks louder than words.

I hear one got it for the pope's speech
and died happily to be a martyr for her soul
some god is saving and another is craving
barking mad against the walls.

  Steve Chilson
  stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx

                          or over the web