[lit-ideas] Re: Forbes Family

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Literature and Ideas List <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:12:52 +0100

Friday, July 30, 2004, 3:34:12 PM, Peter D. Junger wrote:

PDJ> I learned something listening to the Democratic convention last night:
PDJ> that John F. Kerry's middle name is Forbes and that he is, indeed, a
PDJ> Forbes on his mother's side.

are our media, simply, very much better than yours? I've known since
before John Kerry announced he would run. I did know the precise
details but have forgotten them -- but you are correct in thinking he
is not a "filthy rich Forbes".

PDJ> related to Kerry's family, who made their money the old-fashioned way
PDJ> in the China trade and by smuggling opium during the opium wars.

Gee -- maybe that's why he is in favour of attacking the drugs trade
in the most dangerous manner possible (like Bush); dropping sodium
glycosyphate on peasants.....

--
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx