[lit-ideas] Re: For the long-term trendwatchers among us

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthro-L <ANTHRO-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 06:51:45 -0700

Brings to mind a funny and disturbing film, _Spinning Boris_--a factual
account of how Boris Yeltin was "sold," American-style, to the voters,
although he started at the very bottom of the polls. An American ad team was
brought it to do the deal. (The DVD includes interviews with these guys, who
also wrote the movie.)

Carol