[lit-ideas] Re: For Walther and anyone else interested in whisky

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 00:01:57 -0700

On May 17, 2007, at 7:58 PM, John McCreery wrote:

And here I was thinkin' it was just a Scottish riff on the "The
Sorrows of Young Werther," properly drowned in the water of life.

John

No, I was probably confused--these are indeed addled times--by some synaptical closeness of a PPK to an Islay. Remember, as the man said, rolling towards skid row, it's not guns that kill people, it's falling in the drink.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon