[lit-ideas] Re: Flight of the Bumble Bee

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:45:37 -0400

>> I don't understand your comment that it's no good if it's only a piece of something and translated no less?

You didn't get my point. The piano link you sent was no good. That pop musician was a turkey on the keys (apologies to Zez Confrey). The accordion player was terrific.

As for transcriptions, I was only commenting that instrumental transcriptions of orchestral works are like translations ... something is always lost in it.