[lit-ideas] Re: Five Years Ago

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 22:49:44 EDT

<<Here's a curious fact: Cheney and his staff began taking Cipro  (an
antibiotic effective
against anthrax) a week BEFORE the first anthrax  attack.>>

I'm curious --  what's your source for that?

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Five Years Ago
Date: 10/7/2006 2:27:51 P.M. Central Standard Time  From: _andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> We the Sheeple? Why Conspiracy Theories  Persist
> By Edward Feser  20 Sep 2006

The problem with  attempts to dismiss conspiracy theories is, well, they
sometimes turn out
to  be true.

The Soviets thought there was a conspiracy against them in  Afghanistan. If
you remember the
events as it was happening during the early  80s, no one knew what was going
on in
Afghanistan. Pakistan was filled with  secret services: American, Saudi,
Israeli, Pakistani,
and so on, all fueling  a vast conspiracy against the USSR, and all covered
up with plausible
denials.

We know this now, from books such as "Ghost Wars" and  others. But at the
time, it was a
conspiracy theory. (And from "Ghost Wars",  we can see that the US government
is indeed
capable of mind-numbing  stupidity.)

In ten years or so, some of the mid-level actors in the  current game will
write their
accounts, and we'll finally begin to  understand what was happened on
September 11th, 2001.

We saw 9.11, but we  still don't understand what we saw.

For example: the anthrax attacks.  These started precisely seven days after
9.11. The anthrax
came from secret  US bioweapons laboratories. Democrats and journalists were
targeted. A
number of people died; Congress was shut down.

This was a purely  internal act of terror (i.e., carried out by US citizens,
not foreigners.)
Yet we have totally forgotten about it. There were no indictments, not even
arrests.

Surely if this was terror from a non-government group, it would  have been
investigated,
uncovered, and prosecuted. A group with  weapons-grade biological materials
that carries out
attacks against the US  government is extremely dangerous. Such a threat
simply can not be
allowed  to exist.

But instead, it was covered up. Nothing happened.

Here's  a curious fact: Cheney and his staff began taking Cipro (an
antibiotic effective
against anthrax) a week BEFORE the first anthrax attack.

See? Again,  we know what happened, but we don't understand what  happened.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com