[lit-ideas] Re: Five Years Ago

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:07:43 -0400

Well, how about make peace with Iran and solve the Palestinian thing.  That
would be huge steps forward.  Iraq is dead in the water, and Iran can be a
powerful ally in settling them down.  From what I can tell, Iran seems to want
to enter the 21st century.  That's the motivation behind the desire for nuclear
energy.  At this point, we don't have a choice, and now Afghanistan is on the
brink of going the way of Iraq.  Of course we can always invade Iran and create
thousands and tens of thousands more jihadists and suicide bombers.  That's
probably what they will do.  Did you ever wonder, Lawrence, that there are no
leftists among the neocons that put this fiasco together?  Want to reconsider
your opinion of leftists?  And to think, for making such a mess, Wolfowitz was
given a job running the IMF.  Does that not amaze you?