[lit-ideas] "Finding Neverland"

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 14:38:06 EST

Sir J. M. Barrie

I'm looking for references to Barrie -- having just seen "Finding
Neverland". Wonder if technically one can be referred to as "Sir" _followed_ by

initials, or is that a colloquialism?

I wonder if there's material about 'the man who was Peter Pan'. I mean  Peter
Llewellyn Davies. The film is _based_ on a play with that name, but I have
not been able to check it, or other works on Barrie.

Any links, or comments, appreciated.

I seem to believe the film opens in 1903, yet the play "Peter Pan" is dated
1928? How many books, other than the play, did Barrie write on the subject (of
 Peter Pan)?

Where is Barrie buried?

Is there a site that discusses the real life of Barrie and how it compares
to that portrayed in the film?

Quite a good film, actually. What _park_ was it that they would meet  (Barrie
and the Davies)?

Was "Maurier" the maiden name of the character played by Julie Christie?

Was the Scots accent put up by Depp 'realistic'? Would that be Glasgow  Scots?

Etc.

Thanks for any leads,

Cheers,

JL