[lit-ideas] Re: Feline Implicature

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 23:50:16 -0400

< Dogs are just silly children compared to cats.>

People who need them, even aside from companionship, would disagree.  Such as
the police, the military,
the blind, the deaf, the epileptics and those who live their lives quite
handicapped.  Dogs, among other things, are taught to summon emergency
personnel, to open and close doors, refrigerators, to bring a bottled drink to
people who can't get it themselves.  And lately, it seems dogs have some skill
in identifying, with remarkable if imperfect accuracy, people with prostate and
bladder cancer.  In some cases, from what I have read or seen, with more
accuracy than the latest technology.

Veronica Caley

Milford, MI